South East Sicily to Mount Etna on road bike
Self guided cycling Trip South East Sicily to Mount Etna.
From February until November every Saturday
For guided options from 4 persons or more send us an email.
Check also our Road Bike friendly hotel pages : CYCLE CLASSIC TOURS BIKE HOTELS
Only need a bike for Sicily? Check: Bike rentals Sicily
Self guided cycling Trip South East Sicily to Mount Etna
This new stunning self-guided road cycling trip starts from the Baroque South East of Sicily. Inland you will cycle and experience the UNESCO world heritage sites like Siracusa, Noto, Modica, Ragusa, Palazzolo Acreide. Find numerous of baroque palaces and churches on your way. This road cycling tour on Sicily island leads you through the mountains of the South East Sicily and ends around the Mount Etna. The history of Mount Etna is not only that it is one of the most active volcanos in Europe since 2011, morover it’s also the history of Eastern Sicily itself. Daily you can choose short or longer routes.
Your cycle trip starts in Siracusa here you’ll cycle into the Iblei plateau with its great Canyons also called as the ”Cave”. After Siracusa you go to Sortino and here you cycle a fast downhill with some hairpins in the Anapo Valley. On your third day you arrive Noto which was completely destroyed after the big earthquake of 1693. Palazzolo Acreide is the next village further more you will cycle trough typical small mountain villages like Cassaro, Ferla, Sortino, Buccheri and Vizzini. The stage ends in Caltagirone. From here you cyle all the way to Valguarnera. Here you leave the plain area and cycle towards the Nebrodi mountain.
Finally you arrive at the Mount Etna that will throughout the whole day lies majestically in your sight. With a bit of luck, you will see smoke from the crater. The stage ends in Bronte, known for the vast pistachio plantations. The final stage to climb is the Mount Etna.
Cycle your holiday due to the South East Sicily and get a great cycling Trip
- Charming (3* and 4* hotels) where you’ll be able to relax
- Noto which was completely destroyed by the big earthquake of 1693
- Visit the Iblei plateau with its great Canyons also called as the ”Cave”
- You can choose every day to cycle the normal route or a shorter route
- Cycle in Sortino the fast downhill with hairpins of the so-called ‘’Fusco“ to the Anapo Valley
- You’ll see vast plantations of prickly pears. (Fico d’India)
- And the various landscape of the Iblei plateau and 2 true jewels of baroque architecture: Ragusa Ibla and Modica