West Sicily bike Trip
Self guided West Sicily on E bike. From January until December
For guided options from 4 persons or more send us an email.
Check also our Road Bike friendly hotel pages : CYCLE CLASSIC TOURS BIKE HOTELS
Only need a bike for Sicily? Check: Bike rentals Sicily
Self guided cycling Trip West Sicily on E bike or Trekking bike
This cycling tour will be along the fabulous Tyrrhenian coastline of Western Sicily for the most part. However it will also allow you to ride inland through the countryside of Sicily. You’ll ride some 190 km on your Trekking or E bike. The self-guided West Sicily features many highlights, you will experience and see the greatest views of the West coast of Sicily.
Your Self-guided West Sicily cycle Trip starts from Scopello. On the first day you’ll cycle only 6 km and walk another 14 km in the beautiful National Reserve park Dello Zigalo. On the second day you’ll cycle to Trapani and experience the hinterland of the Sicilian countryside. Stops worthwhile are the archaeological site of Segesta and Erice a lovely medieval town before you arrive in Trapani ( the city of Salt). The next day the route goes along The Salt Way where you’ll see old windmills and finsh in Marsala. From Marsala you go further to Mazara Del Vallo which is beautiful because the Tyrrhenian coastline. From here you cycle to your last stop Selinunte and continue in the direction of Campobello di Mazara, a little village known for its tasty olive oil. At the end of this day you reach the beach where you be able to take a swim.
Cycle West Sicily and get an unforgettable cycle Trip in Italy
- Charming (3* and 4* hotels) where you’ll be able to relax
- Fabulous gulf of Castellammare
- The archaeological site of Segesta, an ancient city founded by the Elymians more than 2500 years ago.
- Marsala, the city of wine, also famous because of the landing of Garibaldi.
- See the Tyrrhenian coastline surrounded by vineyards, olive trees and several baglio, walled country estate where all agriculture activities concentrated.
- visit the ancient Greek town of Selinunte that, with some of its imposing temples still standing, will make you go back 2500 years
- Campobello di Mazara, a little village known for its tasty olive oil.