South Puglia coast Tour
Self guided cycling tour South Puglia coast. From March 23 until July 28 and from August 3 until November 3
For guided options from 4 persons or more send us an email.
Check all Puglia Cycling tours here: All Puglia Cycling Trips
Only need a bike for Puglia? Check: Bike rentals Puglia
Self guided cycling Tour South Puglia coast on E bike or Trekking bike
This bike tour is a perfect way to see all the best parts in the south of Puglia in the Salento region. During this self-guided bike tour you’ll cycle along all the coastlines of South Puglia. Start your first day in the beautiful town of Lecce “Florence of the South”. This cycling tour allows you to immerse the best of South Puglia. Experience the culture of Puglia, taste the local traditional regional food, breath-taking coastlines, the wonderful nature and much more! This cycle tour is perfect for those who like short distances.
On your first bike day you cycle through Lecce here you see old and new olive trees, ancient ruins and protected areas part of the Regional Natural Park also called “Woods and Marshes Rauccio”. On your next day you go to Gallipoli here you reach the sea at the edge of the Reserve of Porto Selvaggio. From Gallipoli you cycle to Leuca don’t miss the beautiful harbour of Leuca. The next day you cycle up to Otranto exploring hidden bays and caves. Day 6 is a day around beautiful Otranto with so many magical places. Finally your last cycle day will lead you all the way back to Lecce.
Cycle the South Puglia coast Tour and visit also these sights in Italy
- Regional Natural Park “Woods and Marshes Rauccio”, the Megalithic and Park the Natural WWF Park “Le Cesine”.
- visit of Santa Maria in Cerrate, a medieval settlement where monks lived, worked and prayed
- Pass vineyards, olive groves, crops and small villages.
- The “Beautiful City” of Gallipoli has been the most important Mediterranean olive oil trade centre in Italy
- Otranto, its castle, and its imposing Cathedral
- Legends, local stories and workplaces from the past.