Porto to Santiago de Compostela
Self guided cycling trip Porto to Santiago de Compostela. Every day all year round
For guided options from 6 persons or more send us an e-mail.
Check all cycling tours in Europe here: ALL CYCLING TOURS PORTUGAL
Only need a bike for Porto? Check: Bike rentals Porto
Self guided cycling Trip Porto to Santiago de Compostela
This cycling tour presents itself as an easy bike trip from the beautiful city Porto to Santiago de Compostela, the ultimate pilgrimage destination on the Iberian Peninsula. It’s one of the most important spots for religious tourism in Western Europe. You’ll passing by sunny and seaside towns such as Esposende, Caminha, Pontvedra and Baiona. The start will be in Porto. First enjoy a very nice city tour in Porto, and you’ll get to know a little bit of its architecture, heritage and local traditions. The old city in Porto has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1996. This wonderful city is situated on the banks of the Douro river near the Atlantic Ocean and home of Port wine. Finally after Porto it’s time to pedal, you’ll ride towards Santiago. Cycle the stunning West coast of Portugal tour and immerse a wonderful self guided cycling holiday.
This Porto to Santiago de Compostela cycling trip features many highlights!
- Caminha, this lovely town which is famous because for its natural and green heritage. Wander around and take a stroll over the cobbled and narrow streets of Caminha.
- Porto, World Heritage and Capital of Culture and Tourism. Join a city tour (bike or walk) in the City Center and discover Oporto!
- Baiona is a small fishing town in Spanish Galicia.
- The jewel of the Costa Verde, Viana do Castelo.
- Pontavedra, the city is the capital of the Comarca and the Province of Pontvedra
- Taste the Spanish and Portuguese cuisine and don’t forget the oysters, produced and harvested in the waters of this region.
- The Square of Obradoiro which is famous because of the majestic baroque cathedral where the remains of the apostle are located