Porto to Coimbra Cycling Trip
Porto to Coimbra Cycling Trip self-guided 8 days – 7 nights
Every day all year round.
Need a bike for the Algarve? Check: BIKE RENTALS ALGARVE
You’ll cycle during this self guided Trip around the 248km in 6 days of cycling. The northwest of Portugal offers good temperatures to enjoy a cycling route at any time of year. The selected routes takes you to beautiful beaches, natural features, villages where the ancient traditions still last, and much more.
The beginning of your journey marked along the banks of the Douro River and the northwest coast, will provide great moments to keep in memory. Secondary roads and cycle tracks will guide you by the northwest coast until the city of Ovar. Better known as the City Museum of Tiles. Cycling south through the amazing Aveiro lagoon, the traditional boats of the region – moliceiros – will welcome you to the city of Aveiro. Discover the track to Figueira da Foz and amazing views of the Atlantic coast. Cycling side by side with the Mondego River. The last stage will guide you to Coimbra, a historically University city. Passing by many small villages you have the opportunity to try the typical Portuguese gastronomy and mingle with the locals.
Cycle and discover all the best of Portugal by bike
- Enjoy unique / traditional villages and towns
- Discover incredible sights upon the coast and the best beaches in the northwest
- Spectacular rivers and lagoons to explore
- Visit the Choupal National Forest with all his beauties
- A 6 days cycling ride of 248 km providing spectacular views and the most unique experiences
- Enjoy the fantastic life of Porto while exploring Cycling Holidays in Portugal
- It features mostly flat terrain with an average of one / two medium ascents per day
Combine fascinating views upon the northwest coast, the beautiful rivers and lagoons together with the traditional villages and historical towns. A great selection of seafood and Portuguese traditional cuisine makes this cycling Trip perfect. Enjoy this wonderful experiences on your bike and don’t miss this Trip!