Puglia – Salento Family Tour
Puglia – Salento Family Tour. 8 days – 7 nights
Departures on Fridays and Saturdays from 15/03/2024 until 05/07/2024 (last departure) and from 30/08/2024 until 27/12/2024 (last departure).
Available also on other days on request
For guided options from 4 persons or more send us an email.
Only need a bike for Puglia? BOOK HERE
Puglia – Salento Family Tour in the “heel” of Italy, on a peninsula that, jutting southeast, divides two seas, the Adriatic and the Ionian. The region Puglia is known for its whitewashed hill towns, centuries-old farmland, and hundreds of kilometers of Mediterranean coastline. Here plays agriculture a prominent role in the economic context. It is mainly intensive and modern agriculture that allows the region to be among the first in Italy for the production of many products: olive oil, almonds, grape tomatoes, and durum wheat (which is used to produce pasta).
During this tour, you’ll start at Lecce the “Florence of the South” for its baroque architecture. From Neolithic cave paintings to ruins of ancient cities to Roman theaters and spas, to rupestrian crypts carved into the rock, or fortified castles, Puglia has to offer a lot. It’s the perfect marriage of nature and culture. Even the farmers are inadvertent artists using special techniques to build out of mortarless stone, creating a unique landscape unlike any in the world. This land smiles at the bicycle tourist! Its hillocks never climb more than 200 meters and even beginners can easily enjoy its beauty by bicycle. When you cycle this Tour there becomes light to the many hidden treasures, not only by the sea but also inland! In the ‘Entroterra’, you find many small farms and artisans who strictly follow traditional ethics and respect for the land.
Enjoy this Puglia – Salento Family Tour
- The historic center of Lecce, the ‘Florence of the South with its Spanish-style baroque architecture and its Roman ruins
- Martano, the capital of the “Salentine Greece”
- Corigliano D’Otranto, with its majestic castle.
- the church of Santa Caterina. Where the walls are completely covered with frescoes in the Giotto style. Wander around the beautiful historical center of the city
- Relax at the Natural Park of Porto Selvaggio: a wooded area of more than 1000 hectares close to the sea
- Visit some of these municipalities: Zollino, Sternatia, and Martignano. In their charming historical centers, you’ll discover some of the most delicious gastronomic specialties
Experience the culture of Puglia, taste the local traditional regional food, breathtaking coastlines, wonderful nature, and much more! This cycle tour is perfect for those who like short distances.