Porto to Nazaré Cycling Tour
Porto to Nazere Cycling Tour self-guided 8 days – 7 nights
Every day all year round.
Need a bike for the Algarve? Check: BIKE RENTALS ALGARVE
In this self-guided bike tour, you will be cycling through 316 km on a 7 days journey, surrounded by beautiful sceneries. Cycle mostly perfect cycle tracks and secondary roads, the selected routes take you to beautiful beaches, natural features, villages where the ancient traditions still last, and much more!
The beginning of your Tour starts at Porto. This city is one of the oldest European centres, and its core was proclaimed a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996, as “Historic Centre of Porto’’. Cycle along the banks of the Douro River and the northwest coast will provide great moments to keep in memory. Secondary roads and cycle tracks will guide you by the Northwest coast until the city of Ovar. Better known as the City Museum of Tiles. Cycling south by the amazing Aveiro lagoon, the traditional boats of the region – moliceiros – will welcome you to the city of Aveiro.
Pedaling through natural features you’ll discover the track to Figueira da Foz and amazing views to the Atlantic coast. Passing by many small villages you have the opportunity to try the typical Portuguese gastronomy and mingle with the locals. Mostly through cycle tracks the last stage will guide you to Nazaré, a village with ancient connections to the fishing traditions.
Discover the Northwest coast of Portugal on your bike
- Enjoy the fantastic life of Porto and all his perfect wines while exploring Cycling Holidays in Portugal
- Cycle mostly perfect cycle tracks and secondary roads
- Watch the beautiful rivers and lagoons together with the traditional villages and historical towns
- Combine a great selection of seafood and Portuguese traditional cuisine
- Discover incredible sights on the coast and the best beaches on the Northwest coast
- It features mostly flat terrain with an average of one / two medium ascents per day
- Cycle an average of 45 km per day, easily crossed. All the routes have; a detailed roadbook and GPS