Cycle Puglia coast and Itria Valley
Self guided cycling Trip Puglia Coast and Itria Valley. From February until November
For guided options from 4 persons or more send us an email.
For all cycling tours in Puglia check this page: All cycling tours in Puglia
Only need a bike for Puglia? Check: Bike rentals Puglia
Self guided cycling Trip Puglia coast and Itria Valley
Jump on you bike and cycle from the beautiful city of Bari along the Adriatic coast through the Valley of Itria. Immerse a wonderful cycling holiday in undiscovered Puglia! This self guided Puglia cycling Trip starts from the city of Bari and ends in Monopoli. The roads are mostly secondary low traffic.
Cycle Puglia Coast and Itria Valley. You’ll cycle through the quite backyards of Puglia and even some road traffic does almost non-exist! The route is almost flat with a few undulating ups and downs. This self guided trip is one of the most fascinating trips of Puglia and features many highlights. In Bari you can wander around the old town. Going out of Bari you continue to the South East along the Adriatic Coast. You’ll pass some old country towns and many attractive places along the Puglia coastline. Visit the caves of Castellana, the beautiful terraces overlooking the sea of Polignano, the amazing Trulli of Alberobello (declared World Heritage by UNESCO). Finally you’ll visit the villages of the valley Itria and the famous white city of Ostuni.
Cycling “The Heel of Italy” through Puglia and Itria Valley
- Fantastic scenery, perfect roads and fine food making Puglia a cycling paradise
- Grotte di Castellana is a very special attractions in Puglia and situated at the entrance of the Itria Valley.
- Wander through the old medieval town of Bari
- The unique UNESCO world heritage sites Alberobello
- Ostuni also called the ”White city”
- You stay in the World Heritage Town of Alberollo the “city of Trulli”
- The Aragonese Castle and the cathedral with its impressive rose window in Otranto